Đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh 10 Global Success
Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 Global Success
- 1. Kiểm tra giữa kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 Global Success
- 2. Đáp án đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 Global Success
- 3. Kiểm tra giữa kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 Global Success – đề 2
Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 Global Success được fantasygo.vn chia sẻ trong bài viết sau đây là mẫu đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh 10 Global Success có đáp án chi tiết sẽ giúp các em học sinh nắm được các nội dung kiến thức trọng tâm khi ôn tập. Sau đây là nội dung đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh 10 Global Success được các thầy cô giáo biên soạn bám sát nội dung chương trình giáo dục phổ thông mới môn tiếng Anh.
- Đề thi giữa học kì 2 môn Sinh học lớp 10 có đáp án (Cả 3 bộ sách)
- Đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 10 môn Văn có đáp án 2023
1. Kiểm tra giữa kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 Global Success
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently.
1. A. tender B. garnish C. drain D. sprinkle
2. A. gender B. enroll C. preference D. secondary
3. A. grill B. garnish C. dip D. slice
II. Choose the word that has a different stressed syllable from the rest.
4. A. recommend B. volunteer C. understand D. potential
5. A. suspicion B. telephone C. relation D. direction
III. Choose the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences.
6. The least equal country in the world for women, ranking 145th, was Yemen, where only 55% of women can read and only 6% ________ college.
A. attend B. enroll C. go D. tend
7. A common reason that someone _________ more for similar work is because of his or her experience or “length of service”.
A. may be paid B. should not be paid C. can be paid D. must be paid
8. UNICEF says that ________ to education is one of the biggest challenges facing children in Yemen today, especially girls.
A. access B. get C. connect D. search
9. Until now, the high cost of schooling has discouraged or prevented poor parents from having their children, _______ girls, educated.
A. especially B. specially C. and D. with
10. Many people believe that the first person who visits their home on the first day of the New Year will ________ their life.
A. change B. afford C. effect D. affect
11. Cultural diversity makes the United States a ________ interesting place in which to live for all of its inhabitants.
A. much better B. more C. many more D. much more
12. In every culture, there are basic standards for social _________ such as personal space distance, eye contact, amount of body language displayed in public.
A. reaction B. interaction C. relationship D. relation
13. I saw those slaves ____ had been led to the city.
A. whose B. which C. whom D. who
14. While a child learns how to use educational _________, she also develops a(n) _________ to analyze, synthesize and evaluate information.
A. lessons – knowledge B. lessons – ability
C. software – ability D. software – knowledge
15. E-books are typically ____ through a student’s personal device, such as a notebook, tablet or cellphone.
A. concentrated B. accessed C. made D. stored
IV. Give the correct form of each word in the brackets.
16. Her first term in office was not easy, but her government successfully reduced the _____________ rate and improved the economy. (EMPLOY)
17. Her ______________ was gradually built up, which led to her re-election in 1983 and a third term in office in 1987. (REPUTE)
18. The parents of the groom go to the fortune teller to see what date and time is best for them to ____________ the wedding ceremony. (CELEBRATION)
19. _____________, the reception occurs at their houses, but now many families hold wedding parties at the restaurant. (TRADITION)
20. Laptops and wireless technologies allow students to access _______________ relevant to class topics immediately. (INFORM)
V. Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
VIETNAMESE WEDDING CUSTOMS
The wedding consists of several (21) _________ including asking permission to receive the bride, the procession to the groom’s house, the ancestor ceremony, and the banquet party.
In the morning, the groom’s mother and a few close relatives would walk to the bride’s house with a present of betel to ask permission to receive the (22) ________ at her house. The date and time of the ceremony is usually determined by a Buddhist monk or fortune teller.
In the procession to receive the bride, the groom and his family often carry decorated lacquer boxes covered in red cloth to represent his (23) ____ and which include various boxes for the bride’s family. There are either 6 or 8 boxes, but never 7 because it is bad luck.
After paying their respects to their ancestors, the bride and groom will serve tea to their parents who will then give them advice regarding (24) ________ and family. During the candle ceremony, the bride and groom’s families union is celebrated and the mother-in-law of the bride will open the boxes filled with jewelry and dress her new daughter-in-law in the jewelry.
Finally, the groom officially asks for permission to take his new bride (25) ____ and they make their way back to his house. During the reception, there is usually a 10-course meal and the bride and groom make their rounds to each table to express their gratitude and also get money as presents.
21. A. asks B. ceremonies C. requests D. tells
22. A. bride B. regulations C. laws D. notes
23. A. condition B. culture C. relation D. wealth
24. A. existence B. dead C. marriage D. divorce
25. A. flat B. home C. house D. apartment
VI. Read the passage and choose the best answer.
Today, more and more women are actively participating in social activities both in urban and rural areas. Specifically, they have shined brightly in even many fields commonly regarded as the man’s areas such as business, scientific research and social management. In some areas, women even show more overwhelming power than men. The image of contemporary Vietnamese women with creativeness, dynamism, success has become popular in Vietnam’s society. The fact reveals that the gender gap has been remarkably narrowed and women enjoy many more opportunities to pursue their social careers and obtain success, contributing to national socio-economic development. According to Ms, Le Thi Quy, Director of the Gender/and Development Research Centre under the University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Hanoi National University, gender equity in Vietnam has reached a high level over the past decade. The rate of Vietnamese women becoming National Assembly members from the 9th term to the 11th term increased 8.7%, bringing the proportion of Vietnamese women in authority to 27.3%, the highest rate in Southeast Asia. There is no big gap in the level of literacy and schooling between men and women. Women account for about 37% of university and college graduates, 19.9% of doctoral degree holders and 6.7% of professors and associate professors.
The legitimate rights of women and children are ensured more than ever before with more complete legal documents including laws, conventions and national action plans, among which the laws on “gender equity” mark a turning-point in the empowerment of women.
Mass media also highlights the continued success of women in every field and honors their great importance in modern society, helping to do away with outdated perceptions about traditional women’s duties. Many projects on reproductive health care, children protection, and family income improvement jointly conducted by various mass organizations, state agencies and non-governmental organizations have created favorable conditions for women to become involved.
26. The text is about _____________________________.
A. the changes in the status of Vietnamese women
B. the Vietnamese women’s liberation
C. the Vietnamese sex discrimination
D. the discrimination that Vietnamese women have to face
27. Which adjective is not used to describe Vietnamese women?
A. successful B. creative C. narrow D. dynamic
28. According to the data in the text, _________________________.
A. Vietnamese women do not take part in authority
B. the level of literacy and schooling between men and women in Vietnam is the same
C. there are more women in authority in Vietnam than those in any other countries in Southeast Asia
D. there are no female professors in Vietnam
29. Vietnamese women ____________________________.
A. have fewopportunities to develop their intellectual ability
B. have only shined brightly in doing housework
C. cannot do any scientific research
D. are ensured their rights with laws, conventions and national action plans
30. Which is not mentioned in the text as a project to create condition for Vietnamese women?
A. Traditional women’s duties B. Reproductive health care
C. Children protection D. Family income improvement
VII. Complete the second sentence with the same meaning to the first one.
31. Each student must write an essay on gender equality. (be)
=> An essay __________________________________.
32. Russia is bigger than any other country in the world. (biggest)
33. The American are less formal in addressing their bosses than the South Korean. (more)
=> The South Korean ___________________________.
34. The girl looked very upset. Her electronic dictionary broke down. (whose)
35. His grandmother had a great influence on his life. She was a hard – working woman. (who)
VIII. Listen and fill in each blank with NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
36. You often _________ new words when you read something in a foreign language.
37. If you are someone who frequently uses the dictionary, you should remember that every dictionary has its _________.
38. You should also be aware of the ________ dictionaries that translate meanings from English into your native language and vice versa.
39. So, it is usually much safer to check in an __________ dictionary.
40. Even if you are allowed to use one, looking up new words is quite __________ while exams are always timed.
2. Đáp án đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 Global Success
Bài đọc hoàn chỉnh:
The wedding consists of several (21) ceremonies including asking permission to receive the bride, the procession to the groom’s house, the ancestor ceremony, and the banquet party.
In the morning, the groom’s mother and a few close relatives would walk to the bride’s house with a present of betel to ask permission to receive the (22) bride at her house. The date and time of the ceremony is usually determined by a Buddhist monk or fortune teller.
In the procession to receive the bride, the groom and his family often carry decorated lacquer boxes covered in red cloth to represent his (23) wealth and which include various boxes for the bride’s family. There are either 6 or 8 boxes, but never 7 because it is bad luck.
After paying their respects to their ancestors, the bride and groom will serve tea to their parents who will then give them advice regarding (24) mariage and family. During the candle ceremony, the bride and groom’s families union is celebrated and the mother-in-law of the bride will open the boxes filled with jewelry and dress her new daughter-in-law in the jewelry.
Finally, the groom officially asks for permission to take his new bride (25) home and they make their way back to his house. During the reception, there is usually a 10-course meal and the bride and groom make their rounds to each table to express their gratitude and also get money as presents.
Đám cưới bao gồm một số (21) nghi lễ bao gồm xin phép đón dâu, rước dâu về nhà trai, lễ tổ tiên và tiệc chiêu đãi.
Vào buổi sáng, mẹ chú rể và một số họ hàng thân thiết sẽ đi bộ đến nhà cô dâu với lễ vật trầu cau để xin phép rước (22) dâu tại nhà cô ấy. Ngày và giờ của buổi lễ thường được xác định bởi một nhà sư Phật giáo hoặc thầy bói.
Trong đám rước dâu, chú rể và gia đình thường mang theo những hộp sơn mài được trang trí bằng vải đỏ để thể hiện (23) sự giàu có của mình và trong đó có nhiều hộp khác nhau cho gia đình cô dâu. Có 6 hoặc 8 ô, nhưng không bao giờ có 7 ô vì đó là điều xui xẻo.
Sau khi tỏ lòng thành kính với tổ tiên, cô dâu và chú rể sẽ phục vụ trà cho cha mẹ của họ, những người sau đó sẽ cho họ lời khuyên về (24) hôn nhân và gia đình. Trong lễ thắp nến, gia đình cô dâu và chú rể được cử hành và mẹ chồng của cô dâu sẽ mở những chiếc hộp chứa đầy đồ trang sức và đeo đồ trang sức cho con dâu mới của mình.
Cuối cùng, chú rể chính thức xin phép đưa cô dâu mới (25) về nhà và họ lên đường trở về nhà anh. Trong tiệc chiêu đãi, thường có một bữa ăn mười món và cô dâu và chú rể đi vòng quanh từng bàn để bày tỏ lòng biết ơn và cũng nhận tiền làm quà.
Đáp án: An essay on gender equality must be written by each student.
(Một bài luận về bình đẳng giới phải được viết bởi mỗi học sinh.)
Đáp án: Russia is the biggest country in the world.
(Nga là quốc gia lớn nhất trên thế giới.)
Đáp án: The South Korean are more formal in addressing their bosses than The American.
(Người Hàn Quốc xưng hô với sếp trang trọng hơn người Mỹ.)
Đáp án: The girl whose electronic dictionary broke down looked very upset.
(Cô gái mà cuốn từ điển điện tử của cô ấy bị hư thì trông rất buồn.)
Đáp án: His grandmother who was a hard – working woman had a great influence on his life.
(Bà của anh ấy là một người phụ nữ làm việc chăm chỉ đã có ảnh hưởng lớn đến cuộc sống của anh ấy.)
36. come across
You often come across new words when you read something in a foreign language.
(Bạn thường bắt gặp những từ mới khi đọc một thứ gì đó bằng tiếng nước ngoài.)
Đáp án: come across
38. risk of using
39. English – English
You often come across new words when you read something in a foreign language. You may guess or check the meanings of these words in a dictionary. The level of accuracy that you require and your available time decide your strategy. If you are someone who frequently uses the dictionary, you should remember that every dictionary has its limitations. Each definition has a limited meaning and you can fully understand a word only after you meet it in a variety of contexts. You should also be aware of the risk of using dictionaries that translate meanings from English into your native language and vice versa. So, it is usually much safer to check in an English-English dictionary. Moreover, you are not allowed to use a dictionary in most exams. Even if you are allowed to use one, looking up new words is quite time-consuming while exams are always timed. Therefore, it is better to the meanings of unfamiliar words.
Bạn thường bắt gặp những từ mới khi đọc một thứ gì đó bằng tiếng nước ngoài. Bạn có thể đoán hoặc kiểm tra nghĩa của những từ này trong từ điển. Mức độ chính xác mà bạn yêu cầu và thời gian sẵn có của bạn sẽ quyết định chiến lược của bạn. Nếu bạn là người thường xuyên sử dụng từ điển thì nên nhớ rằng từ điển nào cũng có giới hạn của nó. Mỗi định nghĩa có một ý nghĩa hạn chế và bạn chỉ có thể hiểu đầy đủ một từ sau khi bạn gặp nó trong nhiều ngữ cảnh khác nhau. Bạn cũng nên nhận thức được rủi ro khi sử dụng từ điển dịch nghĩa từ tiếng Anh sang ngôn ngữ mẹ đẻ của bạn và ngược lại. Vì vậy, thường an toàn hơn nhiều khi tra từ điển Anh-Anh. Hơn nữa, bạn không được phép sử dụng từ điển trong hầu hết các kỳ thi. Ngay cả khi bạn được phép sử dụng một cuốn, việc tra cứu từ mới khá tốn thời gian trong khi các kỳ thi luôn có thời gian. Do đó, tốt hơn là hiểu rõ nghĩa của những từ không quen thuộc.
3. Kiểm tra giữa kì 2 Tiếng Anh 10 Global Success – đề 2
PART I. LISTENING (0.25 point/ each)
I. Listen to the passage and then decide whether the statement is TRUE or FALSE
1. The WWF logo is panda.
2. The panda and many mammals live in the same places.
3. Conservationists started panda conservation in the 1916s.
II. Listen to the passage and choose the option A, B or C to answer the questions below
4. When was commercial whaling banned?
A. In 1986
B. In 1966
C. In 1996
5. How much does the whale meat cost?
A. $40 per kilo
B. $114 per kilo
C. $ 140 per kilo
6. Why was whale meat healthy?
A. Because it was expensive.
B. Because it is Japan’s food culture.
C. Because it contains lower in calories and cholesterol but full of iron.
PART II. LANGUAGE FOCUS (0.25 point / each)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
7. A. clear B. hear C. idea D. heart
8. A. orphaned B. recognizedC. endangered D. divided
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
9. A. abandoned B. recognize C. mystery D. carnivore
10. A beneath B. marine C. species D. supply
II. USE OF LANGUAGE
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
11. Our English teacher usually divide the class ______ small groups to discuss the lesson.
12. People ______ dump the garbage into the dustbin properly.
C. would like
13. We must take urgent action to save the ______ species.
14. If you did homework before class, the teacher ______ angry with you.
A. wouldn’t get
B. will get
C. would have got
D. would get
15. Whales and sharks are being ______ for food and medicine.
16. If she ______ earlier, she wouldn’t have missed the train.
C. had come
D. had came
17.Many ______ animals have been taken care of in this zoo.
18. The Food Fair ______ by my School Youth Union every March.
A. are held
C. is held
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges
19. Peter is talking to Mary about the weekend plan.
Peter: “______ to see the film “Bố già” with me this Sunday morning?”
Mary: “Yes, I’d love to.”
A. How about
B. Would you like
C. Why don’t you
20. Nam is talking to his classmate about visiting a local national park.
Teacher: “Are you free to go to Bu Gia Map national park this Saturday?”
A. Of course, but no.
B. You’re welcome.
C. Where is the national park?
D. I’d love to but I have to look after my sister.
PART III. READING (0.25 point/ each)
Read the passage, then choose the option A, B, C or D to best fits the blanks
BU GIA MAP NATIONAL PARK
Bu Gia Map national park is located (23) ______ the southern province of Binh Phuoc. It covers an area of 26,032 ha. This park is home to 105 mammal species, 246 bird species, and over 70 reptile species, including rare and endangered animals. The animal rescue, conservation and development centre at the Bu Gia Map National Park (24) ______ into the wild 25 animals so far this year. According to the park’s management board, those animals, (25) ______ were domesticated during captivity, have received medical and nutritional care, disease treatment and trained to restore their wild instincts before their release. (26) ______ its establishment in 2016, the centre has received 104 wild animals from forest rangers and locals in and outside the province. 85 individuals out of the total have been released into the wild, including rare animals that need prioritised protection such as the coolie, black-shanked douc langur, fishing cat, and white pheasant. The others are being cared for at the centre. The park’s forest (27) ______ department has also stopped many cases of poaching and trafficking of wild animals.
(Adapted from https://en.vietnamplus.vn/25-wild-animals-released-into-bu-gia-map-national-park/171307.vnp)
23. A. on B. in C. for D. at
24. A. released B. releases C. has released D. release
25. A. which B. who C. what D. whose
26. A. When B. Since C. Before D. After
27. A. protective B. protect C. protection D. protected
Read the passage, then choose the option A, B, C or D to answer the following questions
A new study shows that 86 per cent of the world’s rivers have been damaged by human activity. The study was conducted by researchers from a university in Toulouse, France. They examined data on over 2,500 rivers around the world. They did not look at rivers in the polar regions of the Arctic and Antarctica or in deserts. The scientists looked into changes to biodiversity over the past 200 years. They discovered that biodiversity in over half of rivers has been seriously damaged by humans. The researchers said there were many reasons for this damage. A big reason is the introduction of new species of fish into rivers. Other reasons include pollution, dams, overfishing, farming and climate change.
The researchers say the worst-hit rivers are in Western Europe and North America. This is because these regions have large and rich towns and cities. The lead researcher said: “Rivers which have the most economic development around them, like the Mississippi River, are the most strongly impacted.” The River Thames in London was one of the worst-affected rivers in the study. The least-impacted rivers are in Africa and Australia. The researcher said: “This is probably due to a slower rate of industrialisation in Africa and low population density around rivers in Australia.” He added that rivers in many rich nations are unrecognisable compared with how they were 200 years ago.
28. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. A study of world’s rivers
B. Human have damaged most of rivers in the world
C. How the rivers have been damaged.
D. Why are rivers damaged
29. Which region did the researchers look at?
A. The Arctic
B. The dessert
C. North America
D. The Antarctica
30. The word “damage” in paragraph 1 has closest meaning with
31. All of the following are the reasons for the damage of the biodiversity in some rivers EXCEPT
C. climate change
D. The death of new species of fish
32. Why are the rivers in African and Australia the least-impacted?
A. Because of large and rich towns and cities
B. Because they are far from city centers
C. Because of the low industrialization and small population
D. Because they have the most economic development
PART IV. WRITING (0.5 point/ each)
I. Rewrite the sentences as directed in bracket
33. Covid-19 broke out again, so we couldn’t go to school.
(Using Conditional sentence type 3)
34. Because Peter doesn’t practice English frequently, he can’t speak it fluently.
(Using Conditional sentence type 2)
35. The Vietnam government has just imported a number of Covid-19 vaccines.
(Using Passive voice)
II. Rewrite the sentence without changing the original meaning
36. Throw away garbage improperly is bad for the environment.
(Using shouldn’t )
Mời các bạn sử dụng file tải về để xem đầy đủ nội dung bộ đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh 10 Global Success.
Mời các bạn tham khảo thêm các thông tin hữu ích khác trong nhóm Lớp 10 thuộc chuyên mục Học tập của fantasygo.vn.
Bạn đang xem :Đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh 10 Global Success
#Đề #thi #giữa #kì #tiếng #Anh #Global #Success
Tổng hợp: fantasygo